Cookware and Bakeware
Bakeware is cooking equipment intended for use inside an oven.
Cookware and bakeware are types of food preparation containers commonly found in a kitchen. Cookware comprises cooking vessels, such as saucepans and frying pans, intended for use on a stove or range cooktop. Bakeware comprises cooking vessels intended for use inside an oven. Some utensils are both cookware and bakeware.
How to Choose High Quality Bakeware
Points to consider:
- Buy individual pieces
- Look for pieces that are heavy for their size
- Choose different materials
- Don’t be fooled by price
- Shop around
Ceramic vs. Glass Bakeware:
Which one is Better?
- Only Ceramic Bakeware Will Work For Certain Foods.
Ceramic does have a slight edge when it comes to baking, as it heats more evenly than glass, which may get some hot spots.
- Ceramics Are More Versatile Than Glass
- Ceramic Bakeware Is Safer Than Glass
- Ceramics Are More Durable Than Glass
- Ceramic Bakeware Is More Attractive Than Glass
Glass-ceramics are polycrystalline materials produced through controlled crystallization of base glass.
- Sharing multiple properties with both glasses and ceramics
- Possessing an amorphous phase and one or more crystalline phases and are produced by a so-called “controlled crystallization” in contrast to a spontaneous crystallization, which is usually not wanted in glass manufacturing
- possessing fabrication advantage of glass as well as special properties of ceramics
Glass-ceramics usually have between 30% [m/m] to 90% [m/m] crystallinity and yield an array of materials with interesting properties like zero porosity, high strength, toughness, translucency or opacity, pigmentation, opalescence, low or even negative thermal expansion, high temperature stability, fluorescence, machinability, ferromagnetism, resorbability or high chemical durability, biocompatibility, bio-activity, ion conductivity, superconductivity, isolation capabilities, low dielectric constant and loss, high resistivity and break down voltage. These properties can be tailored by controlling the base glass composition and by controlled heat treatment/crystallization of base glass.
Where to Shop Kitchenware: